Monday, September 20, 2010

Loaf and Jug and other things.

I found out yesterday, while receiving a ride home from work from a fellow co-worker, that our place of business is closing in February. I'm glad I have already started looking for other jobs. This wouldn't make me so angry, I suppose, if my boss would have told us. He's been sending one or two people home an hour or two early every day that I've been working. Everyone knows, but for whatever reason, he hasn't come out and told us. I'm applying for hostess jobs and taking a bartending class next month in order to be more marketable. I want to stay in this business because I like it and I plan on doing this for a living further down the road with Justin.
... Maybe it would have done better if breakfast was served every day. Breakfast seems to be a good seller, or whatever you want to call it.

I had my first Onion event in over a month last Thursday. It was just Sammi and me, but it was a ton of fun. I missed doing these things and I'm glad she was still interested in having me as an intern. I think it would be awesome if I interned long enough and was offered a job with The Onion. How awesome would that be?

Fun fact: This professor sounds like Tom Hanks.

I tried to find some interesting articles today, but there was nothing that piqued mine, so you're all out of luck =P

Just kidding. I found you something hilarious.

I'm also looking forward to this. In case you're wondering, I'm a Nintendo nerd. I love video games, especially the Zelda series. Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time.
I'm working on Twilight Princess for the Wii right now. I played it extensively about a year ago, but never finished. I didn't play for over a year. so I had to start over because I forgot how to complete the special sword skills. Then I couldn't find my original copy, so I had to buy a new one from GameStop. As luck would have it, I found my copy about a week after I could return it for full price. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment